* A strong and intentional break with tradition. This break includes a strong reaction against established religious, political, and social views.
* Modernists believe the world is created in the act of perceiving it; that is, the world is what we say it is.
* Modernists do not subscribe to absolute truth. All things are relative.
* Modernists feel no connection with history or institutions. Their experience is that of alienation, loss, and despair.
* Modernists champion the individual and celebrate inner strength."Mirrors instead of windows."
* Modernists believe life is unordered.(The fragmented, broken, pieced-together.)
* Modernists concern themselves with the sub-conscious.
Read more: http://www.brighthub.com/education/k-12/articles/29453.aspx#ixzz0hE3cCn0n